Desert Research Institute is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Geothermal Modeling supported by the Nell J. Redfield Foundation. This position is located in DRI’s Northern Nevada Science Center in Reno, NV. The Redfield Foundation Fellowship is awarded on a competitive basis to applicants with outstanding research and leadership potential in a broad range of topical areas related to renewable energy.
This position will focus on the area of geothermal energy including but not limited to:
- Enhanced geothermal systems
- Modeling of fracture propagation and interaction
- Coupled thermo-hydro-mechanical models
- Reservoir characterization and stimulation techniques
- Fracture control on permeability enhancement and reservoir development
- Multi-phase flow and heat transport in fractured rock