Monday, October 30, 2017

Colombia: Interview with Geothermal Resource Council (GRC) Student Member

Nataly Castillo Ruiz, CO (Iceland School of Energy) - Sustainable Energy, Class of 2019

GRC Student Member since 2015........

Where do your main interests lie? My interests lie mainly in geothermal, in particular in conceptual models, reservoir management and project development.

How does the ISE program allow you to combine your interests with your work here? As I mentioned before, my focus is on geothermal energy, it's conceptual models and project development.  The ISE program classes provide me with more valuable knowledge than a much more specific program in geophysics for example. This is very beneficial for me since I want to work on the project construction and development phase of geothermal plants, which involves more that the exploration phase on a geothermal project.  Here, I have the opportunity to do some training in energy economics, energy policies, energy technologys and environmental impact, all of which are key for me.  I consider this knowledge as necessary basic general concepts that an energy industry project developer professional must have.

Where would you like to go after completing your studies here? I am very open to possibilities.  What I know for sure is that I want to develop experience that I can take back to my country eventually in furtherance of improving Colombia's geothermal development.

Read More........