International Geothermal Association (IGA) the Bochum University of Applied Sciences has a vacancy starting 1 March 2017.
The International Geothermal Association (IGA) operates its secretariat in Bochum, Germany. The IGA-secretariat is part of the International Knowledge- and Technology Platform Geothermal Energy that is hosted by the International Geothermal Centre (GZB) and is administrated by the Bochum University of Applied Sciences.
The Executive Director is responsible for the operation for the IGA secretariat and of the International Knowledge- and Technology Platform Geothermal Energy. The project is funded by the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) via EFRE (European Fund for Regional Development).
The International Geothermal Association (IGA), founded in 1988, is a scientific, educational and cultural organization, established to operate worldwide. It has more than 5,000 members in 65 countries. The IGA is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental organization in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations, and Partner of the European Union for the Campaign for Take Off (CTO) of Renewable Energies. IGA is affiliated to the International Renewable Energy Alliance (REN Alliance).
Duties and responsibilities to be covered by the Executive Director are as follows:
- Management of the IGA Secretariat as referring to the IGA-Bylaws;
- Management of the International Knowledge- and Technology Platform Geothermal Energy, consisting of the tasks: Knowledge- and Innovation Transfer, Transfer of Climate Protection Technologies, Research Networking;
- Consultancy to International Politics and Institutions;
- Management of the official IGA-communication media (e.g. Newsletter, Website, News) and Public Relations of the International Knowledge- and Technology Platform Geothermal Energy;
- Preparation of public reports and annual documentations;
- Correspondence in English language.
The position will be remunerated according to salary group 14 of TV-L, the public services salary agreement for the German states. The employment contract for the position will initially be limited to 2 years. The workplace is the IGA-secretariat at GZB in Bochum. The Coordinating Director Science to Business will be supported by a secretariat with 2 fulltime staff.
We wish to increase the proportion of women in our staff and would therefore be especially pleased to receive applications from female candidates. Since April 2008, the Bochum University of Applied Sciences has been certified as a family-friendly university. As an equal opportunities employer we expressly welcome applications from disabled persons with suitable qualifications, as provided for under the German Social Legislation Code SGB IX.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Rolf Bracke (email@example.com).
Applications with the usual supporting documents should be submitted online by 17.02.2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.