Operations & Maintenance (O&M) is critical to the sustainable success of geothermal power plants, facilities and wells. Sharing lessons learned within the industry can help improve the bottom line of every operating plant, and potentially make new plants more competitive with natural gas, wind and solar alternatives.
Attendees shared approaches and solutions that have made a difference in their work as a O&M supervisors, leads, staff or engineers. Participants then were able to discuss their own approach and experiences in finding solutions to the issues.
- Geothermal Plant Life Extension - Rehabilitation and Sustainability of the Mak-Ban & Tiwi Geothermal Plants - Kevin R. Beavers, Senior VP-Operations Domingo Beraquit, Geothermal Resource Manager Aboitiz Power Renewables, Inc.
- The Geysers - Steam Purity & Steam Scrubbing Process Evolution & Innovations - John Farison Director, Process Engineering
- Enable Employees to Soar - be a Leader!
- Reservoir Monitoring & Management - Jill Haizlip, Geologica Geothermal Group
- Monitoring, Reporting, and Forecasting Fuel Supply and Plant Performance - Hudson Ranch Energy Sevices
- Holding Manufacturers Accountable with Plant Data - Mark Dragoo, O&M Site Manager, U.S. Geothermal San Emidio Project
- Operation & Maintenance Cost Drivers - Dr. Dan Hoyer
- Safety Management in the Power Plant - Monte C. Morrisson