Major names in the international geothermal community and regional and national politics will address the geothermal energy industry at the GRC Annual Meeting in Sacramento, California, USA.
GRC Annual Meeting & GEA Geo Expo+, held this year at the Sacramento Convention Center in Sacramento, California, October 23-26.
The speakers at the Opening Session of the GRC Annual Meeting on Monday morning, October 24 includes major names in the international geothermal community and regional and national politics:
- Paul Brophy, President Geothermal Resources Council;
- Dr. Susan G. Hamm, Director, Geothermal Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy;
- Jan Smutny-Jones, CEO, Independent Energy Association;
- Jim Kluesener, Vice President - Geothermal, Calpine Corporation;
- Dennis Gilles, CEO, US Geothermal, Inc.;
- Randy Keller, Director of Development, CalEnergy;
- The Honorable Eduardo Garcia, California 56th Assembly District;
- Andrew Palmateer, Director, U.S. Energy Association;
- Bob Sullivan, Executive Vice President – Business Development, Ormat;
- Mike Long, Senior Project Manager, POWER Engineers;
- Pierre Audinot, PhD, Clean Energy Program Leader, World Bank;
- Gabriel Negatu, Regional Resource Center Director, African Development Corporation;
- Gurbuz Gonul, Senior Program Officer, International Renewable Energy Agency;
- V. John White, CEO, Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Technologies;
- Kevin Kelly, General Manager, Imperial Irrigation District;
- The Honorable Mike McGuire, California State Senate, 2nd District;
- Rhonda Mills, Representative, Western States Issues, Geothermal Energy Association;
- Micah Mitrosky, Environmental Organizer, IBEW Local 569, and
- Steve Ponder, Executive Director, Geothermal Resources Council.
In addition, the GRC is presenting an International Session on Monday afternoon, October 24 with speakers providing updates on geothermal energy development around the world:
- Andrea Blair, GNS New Zealand;
- Abadi Poernomo, President, Indonesian Geothermal Energy Association;
- Paul Cerrullo, EDC; Toshiyuki Tosha, Kumamoto University;
- Tevfik Kaya, GeothermEx/Schlumberger;
- Rashid Ali Abdallah, African Union;
- Solomon Kariuki, Operations Director, Ken Gen;
- Paul Moya, West Japan Engineering Consultants, Inc., and
- Paul Brophy, EGS Consulting Inc.